Image sourced from manofmany.com
Have you ever been to a party that’s full of whippets balloons? If you have, then you might be wondering how they filled balloons with nitrous oxide. The answer is simple, they used balloon canisters or whipped cream dispensers. They are those unique devices used by home cooks and professional chefs to create delicious whipped cream. In this detailed guide, we will provide you with useful tips on how to use whipped cream dispenser for balloons.
Ready to learn? Keep reading!
What is a Balloon Canister?
A balloon canister or whipped cream dispenser is a uniquely made device that contains nitrous oxide for filling balloons. It’s made of four important parts – a canister for holding nitrous oxide gas at high pressure, a piercing pin for breaking the seal of balloon chargers, and a head valve and a nozzle for controlling the flow of N2O into a balloon.
What are Balloon Chargers?
Balloon chargers refer to nitrous oxide cartridges or tanks that are used along with balloon canisters to fill balloons with laughing gas. Balloons cream chargers are typically referred to as whipped cream chargers when used as an ingredient in food preparation.
What are the Best Balloons for Whippets?
The best balloons for nitrous are ones that are made of high-quality materials, such as latex, foil, and mylar. Latex is one of the most cost-effective materials and a popular option for people looking for whip its balloons. However, if you have a bigger budget, you can consider whipped cream balloons made of foil or mylar.
How to Use Whipped Cream Dispenser for Ballons
Video sourced from Winston soi tour’s on YouTube
Here are our step-by-step guidelines that will help you learn how to effectively use a balloon dispenser:
What You’ll Need
- A whipped cream dispenser (balloon canister)
- Balloons cream chargers (N2O cartridges)
- Whipped cream balloons
1. Check and confirm that the head gasket, valve, and nozzle are in good condition. You don’t want the gas to leak because of a defective part.
2. Insert a balloon charger (N2O cartridge) into the charger holder. Attach the holder to the dispenser head and screw it until all the nitrous oxide is injected into the balloon dispenser bottle.
3. Detach the charger holder and get rid of the empty nitrous oxide charger. Follow the right procedure for disposing of used N2O canisters.
4. Attach a whipped cream balloon to the nozzle adaptor on the dispenser head and make sure you secure it properly to avoid freeze burns (consider wearing protective gloves for this step).
5. Press the extraction lever to fill the whippets balloon with nitrous oxide. It’s advisable to do one N2O cartridge per balloon to avoid misusing the gas.
6. Carefully remove the nitrous-oxide-filled balloon and secure its mouth to prevent the gas from escaping.
7. steps 2 to 6 to fill as many cream charger balloons as you need and remember not to overfill the balloons to avoid misusing the gas.
How to Do Whippets with a Balloon
Video sourced from NoBudge on YouTube
In addition to learning how to properly fill balloons for Nos, it’s also important to know how to do a whip it with a balloon properly. Here are important tips to take into consideration:
- Make sure you are in a well-ventilated place
- Do whippets with a partner who can look out for you in case of an emergency
- Avoid standing or dancing when inhaling laughing gas from a balloon
- Inhale very small amounts of nitrous oxide and take deep breaths in between puffs
- Never inhale laughing gas directly from an N2O cartridge
- Limit the number of balloons you inhale at one go for effective risk reduction
- Avoid doing whippets with other substances like alcohol or prescription medication
- Never take laughing gas near water or roads to avoid accidents in case you lose coordination
How do you use a whipped cream container?
Start by inspecting the whipped cream container for any design issues. This helps to avoid malfunctions and leakages. Then, unscrew the head and add your ingredients. Screw the head back onto the container.
Take a compatible nitrous oxide charger and insert it into the charger holder. Screw the charger holder onto the port containing the piercing pin. Keep screwing the holder until the seal is pricked and the gas is released into the container.
Attach a decorator tip to the nozzle adaptor and shake the container 10 to 20 times before serving. To serve the whipped cream, turn the container upside down and gently press the lever to eject the whipped cream.
What else can you use a whipped cream dispenser for?
Aside from creating delicious whipped cream and filling whipped cream balloons with nitrous oxide, a whipped cream dispenser can serve the following purposes.
Infuse vinegar and oils with unique flavors from herbs and spices
Prepare delightful foamed cocktails like espresso martini and Bee’s Knees
Create lip-smacking fruit or chocolate mousse
Create unique salad dressings
Is nitrous oxide safe in a whipped cream dispenser?
Yes, nitrous oxide is safe when injected into a whipped cream dispenser. However, you should avoid over-pressurizing the dispenser with nitrous oxide. This could be dangerous in case of leakage because the gas will escape at high pressure, which might turn the dispenser into a rocket. A leaking dispenser could also expose you to the gas, which could have adverse side effects.
Do you use Co2 or N2O for whipped cream?
You should use N2O instead of Co2 when making whipped cream. This is so because nitrous oxide creates finer bubbles to give that delightful creamy texture. Furthermore, Co2 is only recommended for use with carbonated drinks like soda and cold beverages with a fizz like champagne and beer.
Is it cheaper to use a whipped cream dispenser?
Yes, it is money-saving to make whipped cream, infused drinks, create foamed cocktails, and make mousse with a whipped cream dispenser. You will certainly pay more when you opt for store-bought whipped cream, mousse, foamed cocktails, or infused drinks.
What can you do with a whipping siphon?
You can use a whipping siphon for making whipped cream, infusing fruits, speeding up marinating and creating fresh soda. To do the aforementioned things, you have to pressurize a whipping siphon with the appropriate gas. Nitrous oxide is the ideal gas for creating whipped cream, whereas carbon dioxide is suitable for carbonizing drinks.
When should you not use nitrous oxide?
Although some young people use nitrous oxide or laughing gas recreationally, there are some instances when it isn’t safe to use the gas. You are cautioned not to use the gas when you are pregnant, have cardiovascular issues, have asthma or other respiratory issues, are under the influence of other drugs, or have vitamin B12 deficiency.
What should you avoid with nitrous oxide?
Avoid mixing nitrous oxide with other drugs like alcohol because this may lead to adverse side effects. Similarly, you should avoid inhaling nitrous oxide while standing or dancing. Additionally, avoid using nitrous oxide alone and in poorly ventilated places.
How to do whippets without a balloon?
It’s only recommended to do whippets with a balloon unless it’s at the dentist’s office. Inhaling directly from an N2O canister is illegal, dangerous, and highly risky.
With the help of this guide, you should be able to safely use a whipped cream dispenser for balloons. Also, you should take into account our useful tips on how to do a whip-it with a balloon safely. Remember to do whippets with another person in a well-ventilated area that’s not near water or roads and sit down to reduce the risk of falling.